There are beauty trends which arrive and depart within just a few seasons and then there are those which have been existent since ages and still holding strong.
One of these timeless and ancient beauty trends is the use of activated charcoal for dental and skin care. From popular activated charcoal teeth whitening products to face masks, toothpaste, and other products, activated charcoal has become a popular ingredient in beauty products.
However, many people today are still skeptical about activated charcoal teeth whitening products and whether or not they actually work. If you are one of them, here is a detailed guide for you which could answer all your questions.
How Is Activated Charcoal Used for Teeth Whitening?
Activated charcoal, or charcoal which has been heated appropriately in a suitable environment to increase the outer surface areas, is very different than what you use in your fireplace.
There are many different charcoal-based teeth whitening products that have shown to be very effective at getting rid of stains and coloring. Here are some notable ones:
· Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder: Finely milled activated charcoal powder is very efficient at getting rid of stains and whitening teeth. It does this by absorbing toxins and bacteria from your teeth, leaving you with a brighter and healthier smile. The powder is very fine and tested for abrasiveness to ensure the safety of use.
· Activated Charcoal Whitening Toothpaste: There’s a lot of demand for the toothpaste which contains activated charcoal powder to help get rid of stains. This toothpaste can help maintain your bright smile on a daily basis. Works best when used in conjunction with the teeth whitening powder.
· Activated Charcoal Bristle Toothbrush: When the popularity of the activated charcoal grew, people discovered newer ways to use this product for benefits. Activated charcoal toothbrushes is one such product that is prepared by adding charcoal particles to the bristles and this is very effective in offering a deep cleanse to the mouth.
All these charcoal teeth whitening products may occur by distinct brand names, but importantly, all of these constitute the similar effective cleanser and this is the activated charcoal.
Benefits Of Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Products
Adding activated charcoal to your daily dental routine has a tremendous amount of benefits, such as:
· Teeth Whitening: Activated charcoal used in any form on teeth helps get rid of stains, eliminate plaque and other impurities to make your teeth more white and bright.
· Preventing Bad Breath: With an increased outer surface area, the activated charcoal particles are capable of absorbing the foul smell in the human mouth and also eliminates the reasons due to which it occurs.
· Balancing pH Levels: Activated charcoal is also helpful in balancing the oral pH to maintain good oral health.
· Eliminating Microbes: Activated charcoal particles naturally absorbs bacteria nature and as a result, they help to wipe out unwanted microbes which lead to plaque and teeth decay.
Overall, activated charcoal has a multitude of oral health benefits and is a great addition to anyone’s dental care routine.
Common Claims Against Activated Charcoal
Despite all the positive benefits of activated charcoal, many people still criticize its use for oral health. The two most common claims are:
· Blackening and discoloration of gums
· Damage to the teeth enamel due to the activated charcoal being rough in nature
However, according to various studies and experiments by people, there is no strong evidence or facts which prove the ill-effects of activated charcoal on teeth. Furthermore, the adverse effects that might have occurred could be owing to the usage of products from illegitimate sources.
To conclude, activated charcoal products are completely safe and effective for oral health as long as you get them from a trusted source.
Beauty Charcoal is a top rated brand that sells all the products mentioned in this article and more. To ensure you’re getting top quality products, make sure to shop only with trusted brands such as Beauty Charcoal. Click here to browse our products now!